Residential In Reach (RIR) at Northeast Health Wangaratta’s (NHW) team provides a multidisciplinary service to High and Low Level Residential Care facilities in the Central Hume Sub Region.
RIR is a consultative service that offers prompt assessment and short term support with specialist assessment, care provision, treatment and case management to improve access to care during an acute or age related illness. The RIR team comprises Senior Nursing and Medical clinicians.
The Aim of the Service
To optimise the quality of care of the resident within the residential care facility, thereby preventing unnecessary presentations to hospital. This allows the resident to remain in their own environment.
Referrals WHAT IS RESIDENTIAL IN REACH
The RIR service accepts referrals from GP’s, Residential Aged Care facilities, residents and families, carers and hospital staff.
Residential In Reach Service Provides
- Acute assessment of the deteriorating resident
- Short term case coordination of acute events
- Wound consultation – assessment and management
- Liaison and support following discharge
- Change or trouble shoot urinary catheters
- Gastrostomy tube management
- Facilitate referral to NHW Community Services
- Hospital in the Home
- Palliative Care
- Stomal Therapy
- Facilitate referral to Specialist Medical Services – in collaboration with GP
- Facilitate communication and relationship with General Practitioners, Residential Aged Care facilities and NHW
- Collaboration and capacity building with clinical staff of Residential Aged Care facilities
To make a referral to Residential In Reach service, please telephone 03 5722 5348 to receive a copy or make a tele health referal
The RIR service is available for telehealth/phone support, advice and assessment.
Monday to Friday
8.00am to 4.30pm
RIR Service Contact Details
Tel: 03 5722 5348
FAX: 03 5722 5419
Mob: 0408 711 461
Northeast Health Wangaratta
PO Box 386, Wangaratta Vic 3676